Koki – Indian whole wheat thin bread – Koki is ideal for breakfast, for me its a sunday thing, for others its an everyday thing – it depends on how you prepare it, what you add and your taste buds.
Ingredients list – (yielded 4 x plate sized koki)
- 2 x red onion chopped
- 1 x Dhaniya (bunch)
- 3 x Cups of whole wheat flour
- 1Tsp x Salt
- 1/2 Cup x Oil
- 1 Tsp x Jeera (cumin) Powder
- 1 Tsp x Dhaniya (coriander) Powder
- 2 Tbsp x Water
- Mix Flour, Salt, Jeera, Dhaniya
- Add Onions and mix well
- Add Water and oil and mix well
- Kneed the dough thoroughly (the more you kneed, the better the taste).
- Leave for 30mins.
- Take a piece, flatten into disc shapes and heat on a pan. (you can spread some oil on the koki while they are being made if they start to stick to the pan).
Done – Enjoy. This is usually served with yogurt – some people like it with their Indian teas. – It definitely helps having a few pre-made if you keep eating every other hour.