How to make Roasted Broccoli
Broccoli is something that many avoid just due to its greenness and shape. I used to be one of those people and would avoid cauliflower too. However, growing up, I understood the need to eat green vegetables. Broccoli is a great source of Vitamin C and K. A mear 100gr of broccoli will provide you aprox 100% RDA of Vit K and above 100% RDA of Vitamin C.
For those who have an issue with the texture or taste of broccoli, this is the perfect recipe. The outsides results in crispy and salty while the center of the vegetable is still green and rich in nutrients.
You will need –
- 4-6 Garlic Cloves Sliced
- Ziploc Bag (or a bowl to properly mix all ingredients together)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper according to taste – (I used 1/4 Tsp).
Recipe Steps –
- Clean/rince broccoli thoroughly
- Dry the broccoli properly
- Place broccoli in mixing recipient – I used the ziplock, you could use a salad tossing bowl.
- Add the oil, salt & pepper, and slices garlic cloves.
- Shake / Mix well, and let it rest for 10minutes.
- Bake in Oven – 25min @ 180C (It’s what it took for me) – keep checking until the broccoli is brownish in some areas – just don’t let it burn!.
This is a perfect side dish for my meats that I eat, it has the vitamins and specially because its providing me with the dietary fiber to avoid any sugars to linger around as fat.