How to make chocolate chip cookies
This is my first attempt on making chocolate chip cookies and it did not turn out quiet well for me,- the reason is the flour, there is something I am not doing correctly – and I believe either its getting the butter mixture correct or that simply put, the dough was not battered enough to create a good mix/ – nonetheless, this is the first attempt and it was done as follow – Ingredients List –
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Granulated White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300gr All purpose flour (3 cups flour)
- 1 cup unsalted butter – white (2 sticks)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Cups chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda, salt and mix together
- In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, white sugar and butter – my mistake was not knowing butter was supposed to be in liquid form, so I ended up heating this mixture to melt it down.
- Make sure the sugar mixture is properly blended together and has formed a paste like texture. Now slowly pour the flour mix and 2 eggs.
- Mix to death, yeah, mix it all you can.
- Add chocolate chips and mix it up so that there are pieces everywhere evenly.
- Bake n enjoy
— Update – 26/08/2014
I made the same cookies with the following ingridients
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoon of vanilla extract
The cookies came out softer than the ones above and definitely much more sweeter – which i preferred, but my sister preferred my initial batch of cookies hmm..