How to make Keema (Dry)
Keema, or mince meat in English, is simply what it is – a dish made of mince meat and spices to give it a juicy aromatic flavor. This is one of my favorite dishes and has scope for usage with other recipes. I am going to use chicken mince as lamb is a bit heavy for me, however lamb will always have much more taste.
You will need the following ingredients –
- 3 x Medium Onions Diced
- 1 x Whole Garlic Flower (5 pieces) finely chopped
- ½ x Thumb size garlic – finely chopped
- 2 x Tomatoes -> I grated them into a lumpy puree
- 1 x Small red chili – chopped
- 2 x Tsp Salt
- 1 x Tsp Haldi (turmeric)
- ½ x Tsp Red Chili Powder ( The coloring one)
- ½ x Tsp Dhaniya (coriander) powder
- 1 x Tsp Garam Masala
- 500gr x Mince Chicken
- Coriander for garnish
- In the order above add the ingredients.
- First let the onion get brown, then add the rest up to tomatoes and let it cook.
- Halfway of the tomatoes cooking add the everything leaving just the chicken mince out.
- Once you see the gravy you have made is properly mixed together, add the mince chicken. – mix in well and let it cook by covering the pan for a while.
- Stir to mix gravy into the mince properly.
- Garnish with coriander and eat.
There you have it, Keema. Usually it has some gravy that goes with it and resembles the mexican chilli con carne dish. This particular dish can be used for many other dishes such as – Lasagne, steamed buns, hotdogs, mexican food. etc