How To Make Lauki ki Sabzi – Bottle gourd
Lauki (bottle gourd) is a vegetable which has been grown in India for centuries. Its one of the first vegetables planted by mankind and its perfect for many recipes due to its taste.
For people who are trying to keep off carbs and calories, this vegetable is perfect, it has only 12Kcal/100gr and most of the vegetable contains water. – ideal for weight loss.
Ingredients List –
- 250gr Chopped Lauki (Bottlegourd)
- 3 x Chopped Red Onions
- 6 x Chopped Garlic cloves
- 1/2 Thumb size chopped garlic
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 small green chilli
- 3 x Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Jeera seeds (Cumin)
- 1 Teaspoon Haldi Powder (Turmeric)
- 1 Teaspoon Jeera Powder (Cumin)
- 1 Teaspoon Dhaniya Powder (Coriander)
- 1 Teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 cup of water
- Heat up pressure cooker and all oil.
- Add jeera seeds, ginger and garlic – sautee for 1 minute
- Add onion, green chilli, and stir until the mixture is brownish
- Add the tomatoes, haldi, dhaniya, jeera and keep mixing until its all meshed together and is brown.
(with excess oil, you will know the mix is ready if the oil is visible from the bottom sides.)
- Add the lauki, add the red chilli powder and mix well
- Add the cup of water and close the pressure cooker lid, cook minimum for 5 whistles.