How to make Pizza Dough
How to make pizza dough in a few easy steps. Anyone with no experience and new to the baking scene can name this. I love my pizza, so there is no way im going allow people to serve me crap pizza – which tends to be the case in all restaurants in Mumbai, India. Their bases are not crispy, if they are, then its papad thin and the cheese, who invented that god awful processed cheese. Amul cheese is the worst thing ever to be made on earth. However, taste buds do tend to vary and people here are used to this shit.
In this post I will show you how to make your own dough and throughout time, will also show you how to make you own pizza sauce and cheese.
Ingredients list – After the dough rose, I could make 3 Large pizzas.
- 500gr / 4 cups All purpose flour or Maida – 20 rupees
- 2 Teaspoon / 7gr Dried Active Yeast – 5 rupees
- 1 Teaspoon 4gr Sugar – 2 rupees
- 1 1/2 cup warm water – Free?
- 1/4 cup of olive oil – 30 rupees (based on 1L = 499 rupees)
- Pinch of salt ( 1/2 Teaspoon) – 1 rupees
- In a bowl, pour warm water, add yeast and sugar, mix and leave for 10 – 15 minutes. It will be ready when there are bubbles forming on the surface of the mixture, this means the dry yeast is now active.
- Pour flour into a big bowl, add salt and mix.
- Make a opening in the center of the mixture, like a volcano and pour the olive oil there and pour the yeast mixture there.
- Mix the dough, mix well for 10 minutes, keep at it. Sure add bit of flour every now so that it does not stick to your hands.
- On a plane surface, add some flour so that the dough doesn’t stick and kneed it for 10 more minutes.
- Form the pizza dough into a ball and put it back into the big bowl
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and leave for 1 hour.
Note – I had to leave my last pizza dough for 4-5 hours as it was not rising fast enough. This is usually due to the quality of the yeast – which in India, did seem a bit shabby from the local store i got it from.
Of course I had to try my dough as I’m a Pizza lover –